"The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give it away." David Viscott

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Some Days The World Just Gets In The Way

If you've ever had a lot of momentum and energy and motivation to get something done, only to be usurped by other things, you know exactly what I mean.  Yesterday started with the greatest of anticipation, but by noon had fizzled to wistful thinking.  I finally had the time to pick up my crochet hook in the evening, but by that time all the energy had waned.

I grew up a Navy brat, and therefore tend to plan and schedule my time.  I used to look at interruptions as major inconveniences.  At some point I realized that some things just weren't meant to be, shrug it off, and move on. Get the mundane tasks accomplished - they won't go away by themselves.  The trick seems to be rekindling the fire of energy you had before the interruption.  Sometimes that takes the form of a good night's sleep.

Not every day will be productive.  Life has a tendency to throw obstacles in the way.  It's how these obstacles are overcome that provide life experience and shape the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment