"The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give it away." David Viscott

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Another Crochet Contest

While browsing the web, I came across another crochet contest going on.  It's for the Pattern-A-Day calendars, and there's one for knit and one for crochet.  While the chances of being one of the three chosen to receive a prize out of 365 are only 1:121.6 you retain the rights to your pattern.  It seems to be comparable to posting a free pattern on your website, with a chance that you might get some cash for it.  They are giving away $1000 total:  $500 first prize, $350 second, and $150 for third.

It appears to be a way to get published in print in a non-digital format.  Your name is published with the design.  These calendars are marketed to yarn stores across the country.  You can enter as many times as you wish, thereby associating you name with crochet design. 

Pictures, if you haven't noticed, are not my forte.  The website stresses the importance of quality images included with submission.  Thankfully they give you the option of sending them the finished product for them to photograph!  They'll return your item to you if you include return postage materials.

I have a pattern that I made years ago sitting in my designer notebook that I think might be a good fit as it is quick and easy.  Maybe you'll see my name in the 2012 calendar!  I simply have to type it up.  Another thing to add to my "to do" list.....

Check it out for yourself at http://www.knittingpatternaday.com/knittingcrochetcontestrules.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment