"The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give it away." David Viscott

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Afghan Update

Tomorrow is the deadline for entry into the Herrschner's Afghan Contest.  I had mailed my entry request on May 23rd, and received the submission package approximately a week later.  The final afghan is not due until July 15th, but the more time you leave for it to get there, the less expensive the shipping cost.

This brings to mind one of the most agonizing parts of crochet submission for me - what I call lag time.  This is the time between when you send out your entry or proposal and when you hear something back from someone about it.  Lag time can last for months and cause anxiety if you let it.

I have therefore adopted a personal policy of jotting down the date I sent my submission in my crochet calendar and moving on to the next project.  I make a copy of everything I'm sending in and put it in a report cover in my 3-ring binder so I can easily find it again.  Don't get me wrong - it's always in the back of my mind, but this is one of those things that is out of my control until I receive a response.  It's better to use the energy towards the next project than worrying yourself sick about the one you just sent in.

I am slightly concerned as I am only halfway done crocheting my afghan for Herrschner's.  Thankfully I have a fairly clear schedule this week, so I'm hoping to devote more than the usual amount of time to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment