"The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give it away." David Viscott

Friday, June 17, 2011

Musings and Deadlines

Today being Friday, I tend to reflect upon the past week and make goals for the next.  I know the experts say to make monthly goals, but to keep myself on track, weekly reviews work best for me.

After mailing out the application to the CGOA, I passed the halfway point on the Herrschner's afghan.  That afghan has gotten to the point of "I want it done already!", so I keep plugging away at it.  If I don't work on it every day, the temptation is there to put it in the closet as a UFO (unfinished object).  I know that once I can see the end is near, my motivation will dramatically increase to finish it. 

A quick peek at my crochet calendar tells me I've got to get going if I am planning on a submission to Crochet Today for their winter edition.  I have the idea and basic sketch, but it looks like a trip to the yarn shop is in order this weekend to get the materials I need.  The deadline is July 1, which means I will either have to get it in the mail next week or make my very first email submission.

While at the store, I plan to pick up the summer editions of my favorite crochet magazines.  I really need to start filling in the project ideas for the fall/winter onslaught of gift giving. 

Surprisingly, I haven't gotten a lot of inventory completed for the fall craft fairs.  Well, maybe it's not all that surprising - I haven't really decided if I want to do the fairs this year.  My husband is urging me to, but I know the amount of work that is involved, and there's a whole lot of other stuff going on in our lives right now.  Maybe a compromise is in order - sign up for 2 or 3 craft fairs and that's it.  Hmmm, something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment