"The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give it away." David Viscott

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Next Step?

Part of the purpose of this blog is to chronicle my efforts at making crochet a career.  I have found very little on the web on this topic, even after searching the early years of the blogs of the famous.  I started blogging a little over a month ago, learning how to tweak it from other online how-to sites to make it more accessible.

With that in mind, I must share with you my happiness at receiving an email from the CGOA yesterday.  I had mailed my application for associate professional to them on June 13, and they accepted me via email on June 21st!  I applaud how quickly they responded, and I am thrilled at being accepted.

What does this mean?  I don't really know yet.  My name and contact information are now on the CGOA website under "Professional and Associate Professional Members", so people know how to get in touch with me.  I was given (and accepted) an invitation to join an email discussion list.  I was given an email to contact about mentoring.  Finally, I was told to watch for details about Professional Development Day.

I now have a lot more web resources to explore and learn from.  It looks like I've got a lot of work to do!  My next step is to email the mentor coordinator, then explore the website and discussion group, and of course, continue work on my own designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment