"The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give it away." David Viscott

Friday, July 15, 2011

This Is The Skein That Never Ends....

...it just goes on and on my friends....

Two days ago, I came across the submission call for Storey Publishing for one skein crochet projects.  I had just purchased a skein of hand painted sock yarn earlier this week with another project in mind, but it seemed perfect for what popped into my head. 

I envisioned an open work pattern shawl or scarf.  Certainly a 400 yard skein could make that, right?

It turns out that it only took 1/2 a skein to make the scarf, and I didn't like the look of it.  Thus, I ripped it out and started on plan B - the shawl.  As it was to be triangular, I started at the bottom back point and kept increasing each row.  I thought it might be about 50 rows.  Wrong!  50 rows turned into 60 rows turned into 70 + rows!

In the past I have easily gone through (2) 200 yard skeins of yarn in a day.  I didn't think this project would take as long as it has - I won't be finishing the construction until later this morning, and it's due today!

This is my first time with a submission that is both email and snail mail.  I can only hope that a proposal emailed today will be considered on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment