"The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give it away." David Viscott

Monday, August 29, 2011

Severe Weather - Irene

One good thing about bad weather is all the guilt free time available to crochet.  The authorities tell you to stay indoors (at least in my area) and everything is cancelled or closed, so what better way to spend the day? 

Let the rain pour down, and the wind whip through the trees as my crochet hook flies through the project at hand!  My heart goes out to all of those people who were adversely affected by the storm.  My eldest daughter brought home a friend whose road was washed out thus couldn't get home. 

The eye of the storm passed within 30 miles of here, wreaking havoc on the lower elevations.  Several roads are closed due to flooding and washouts.  Schools are closed due to flooding and power outages.  It may be several days before things start to get back to normal.

Thus I choose to look at the bright side - I have more time to crochet!  Every extra hour is a gift I plan to use to create something good out of a bad situation.  Perhaps I can finish something today....

No comments:

Post a Comment