"The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give it away." David Viscott

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Late again! Yet another crochet gift finished....

I have finally finished my last mother's day gift.  With any luck, I'll be able to get it in the mail today.


I wanted to find something that my mother in law could wear around the house, any time of year, to keep away the chill.  I opted for Darla Sims "Breezy Duster" ( http://www.free-crochet.com/detail.html?code=FC01211&cat_id=334 )  As usual, I ended up changing it around a bit - it's no longer a duster but more of a sweater.   I opted for 25" length from the bottom to the arm hole, then made the sleeves in one piece each instead of two.  I changed the pattern on the sleeves to allow for the increases.            
                          
It's made from Paton's Lace, which I totally enjoyed working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment