"The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give it away." David Viscott

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Vermont Crochet Designer Creations Is Now Open!

I have finally finished enough of the setup of my Etsy store to officially open!

visit me!
I took my time with this, trying to get everything right.  I found a new book at the library, "How to Sell Your Crafts Online:  A Step-by-Step Guide to Successful Sales on Etsy and Beyond" by Derrick Sutton.  The first few chapters focus on how to get your Etsy shop up and running, advice on keywords and listings, as well as photography (my major weak point!)  I do not have an avatar yet, even though the book promotes and tells you how to make one.  I simply can't decide on what I want it to be!

I'm still going through the second half of the book:  chapters on Google Analytics, various marketing and tracking techniques, shop promotion, etc.  It's taking a while, as after a read a chapter, I try to implement it with my online endeavors.  It seems to be working, too!  One of my other blogs had traffic increased by 300 percent in a single day!

Therefore, I am viewing my Etsy shop as a work in progress.  The items currently listed for sale are items that were made for the craft fairs I opted to skip this year.  They were priced the same as they would have been at the fair.  I plan to add more items as I make them; a much better prospect than throwing them into a bin to store until the next craft fair season.  I may decide to list patterns for sale as well, although I have read warnings from other designers about patterns being "stolen".

One thing is for certain - there is a LOT of work involved diversifying crochet projects and design to earn money with it.  More web presence means more exposure, which will hopefully mean more paid projects.

That being said, I'm off to crochet something!

No comments:

Post a Comment